Vehicle and Equipment Finance
Attorneys in our firm have represented major commercial banks, financial institutions, captive and independent finance companies and leasing companies, among others, as lender, borrower, lessor and lessee, providing valuable insight from all perspectives. Our attorneys have financed all types of assets including, motor vehicles, equipment, inventory, related products and related real property. Extensive experience in this area includes motor vehicle and equipment leases (both consumer and commercial), operating leases, finance leases and synthetic leases, securitization, accounts receivable financing, asset based lending, retail instalment sales financing, motor vehicle dealer floor plan financing and syndicated credit facilities. Our proficiency in the area of lease financing is complimented by a similar capability in the area of retail installment sales financing and automobile dealer floor plan financing. This significant experience provides our attorneys with a depth of knowledge of both legal and business concerns on a day to day practical level.
Our attorneys have engaged in lease, loan and financing transactions totaling in excess of $8,000,000,000:
- Recourse and non-recourse dealer security agreements and lending programs for banks and finance companies with comprehensive documentation including guarantees, pledges, assignments, intercreditor agreements and compliance procedures (federal and state).
- Direct motor vehicle leases, master motor vehicle leases, equipment leases, compliance procedures (federal and state) and all related documents for banks, lenders, leasing companies, franchised and used vehicle dealerships.
- Comprehensive lending program for Lease Here Pay Here and Buy Here Pay Here lenders to finance sub-prime auto dealers.
- Financing recourse loans to dealer-related lenders collateralized by deep sub-prime consumer auto leases and consumer retail installment sale contracts, including ongoing negotiation and documentation of loans to dealer-related lenders and intercreditor agreements.
- Floor plan financing set-ups and related documents for banks and lenders providing motor vehicle financing to franchised motor vehicle dealerships and used car dealerships.
- Consumer and business auto leases, compliance documents and disclosure statements including in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, California, Florida and Maryland.
- Municipal equipment lease, related documentation and compliance procedures.
- Represented major institutional lender with respect to syndicated revolving credit facilities.
- Documentation and compliance procedures (federal and state) for financing recourse loans collateralized by consumer and business auto leases and installment sales contracts.
- Designed and documented asset backed securities program involving securitization and warehouse financing for motor vehicle leases and loans.
SCHICKLER KAYE LLP
One Rockefeller Plaza
New York, New York 10020