JOHN V. VINCENTI
One Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
John V. Vincenti’s extensive commercial practice focuses on corporate matters and financial transactions, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust and trade regulation as well as real estate finance, sales and acquisitions and telecommunications. John’s deep litigation experience includes lender liability and enforcement of creditors’ rights, all types of commercial disputes and Chapter 7 and 11 proceedings and ancillary matters. John has litigated in numerous state and federal courts across the U.S. as well as in domestic arbitration proceedings, international alternative tribunals and before numerous U.S. governmental agencies. John counsels several multi-national corporations both on U.S. domestic legal issues and cross-border transactions. His clients range from among the largest European telecommunications and defense contractor companies to a wide variety of U.S. and overseas manufacturers and service providers.
John is Counsel to the firm.
Represented real estate development client in all phases of formation and capitalization in excess of $150M.
Counseled publicly-traded European manufacturer of civil and military aircraft, satellites and missile systems with respect to formation of U.S. subsidiary, structuring and commencement of operations, regulatory issues, operational and key executive agreements.
Represented general contractor in negotiation and signing of construction and ongoing management contract for energy plant powering the Brooklyn Renaissance Plaza commercial real estate complex in New York City.
- Prepared and implemented standard form software license and hardware purchase agreement for integrated videoconferencing system.
- Negotiated and drafted international telecommunications service agreements and capacity supply agreements for both domestic and international communications carriers.
- Negotiated and counseled videoconferencing system and software designer; designed and established its distribution system, negotiated contracts with key executive officers and supervised negotiations with venture capital firm.
- Achieved dismissal of claims against U.K. telecommunications client for lack of personal jurisdiction in multimillion-dollar lawsuit for breach of international telecommunications contract, and devised ultimately successful strategy for handling subsequent U.K. lawsuit.
- Successfully asserted lack of U.S. jurisdiction defense in Maryland federal lawsuit against foreign wine vineyard client by U.S. importer for wrongful termination of distributorship and breach of contract.
- Obtained jury verdict for defendant telecommunications company in federal court in New York on claims of employment discrimination based upon age and national origin.
- Successfully fended-off attempted lockout of CEO/major shareholder of publicly-traded bottled water company by officers/minority shareholders in shareholder dispute lawsuit.
- Achieved favorable settlement for plaintiff key executive of publicly-held company in Illinois federal court lawsuit for breach of employment contract and wrongful termination.
- Responded to and counseled client regarding U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control investigation into alleged improper trade with Cuba.
- Obtained summary judgment against defendant in New York lawsuit, and verdict for client in related New Jersey action, in dispute between seller and purchaser of accounting firm.
- Represented New York-based consumer goods manufacturer and importer in purchase of multiple properties for its headquarters and warehouse.
- Represented real estate development company in all phases of purchase of 20,000 square foot building in Manhattan for condo development.
- Prepared and implemented use of standard commercial office lease for Manhattan real estate corporation with multiple commercial investment properties.
- Handled all phases of sale of multiple adjoining retail properties in Brooklyn, New York.
- Represented individual owners in sale of 750 acre estate in upstate New York.
- Represented investor-owner in sale of, and grant of purchase money financing for, unimproved New York State land to developer.
- Represented prominent accounting firm with negotiation of full-floor lease of 20,000 sq. ft. for use as its principal offices.
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of international telecommunications carrier in its lease of an entire floor in a prime midtown Manhattan building, and in Jersey City, and other locations, for its headquarters and satellite offices.
- Represented individual seller in all aspects of sale of Brooklyn industrial building and warehouse.
- Represented architectural firm in negotiation and preparation of agreement for design services for buildout of commercial space.
- Represented Bolivian telecommunications entity in negotiations for acquisition of Bolivian cable television business, where definitive agreement was governed by U.S. law.
American Bar Association, Antitrust, Business, International, and Litigation Sections
Federal Bar Council, Sustaining Member
New York State Bar Association, Sustaining Member
New York County Lawyers’ Association
Columbia College Alumni Association Board of Trustees
Vincenti & Vincenti, New York, New York
Partner: 1993 to Present
Schickler Kaye LLP, New York, New York
Counsel: 2020 to Present
Fordham Law School
N.Y.U. Stern School of Business
M.B.A. (Finance, Economics) 1999
District of Columbia
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Courts of Appeal – Second, Third, Eleventh, Federal and D.C. Circuits
U.S. District Courts – Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, New Jersey
U.S. Court of International Trade