Edward P. Kaye
One Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
Edward P. Kaye is an accomplished, innovative and highly qualified former general counsel and chief executive officer with extensive experience in the leasing and finance industry. Ed has a comprehensive understanding of the legal, regulatory and business aspects of the marketplace, financial product offerings and funding options. He developed and managed multiple start-up motor vehicle and equipment leasing and finance companies, including one that was sold to a preeminent foreign trading company and another that was sold to a domestic family office. Ed draws on his deep legal and business experience to enable him to develop strategies that solve complex challenges.
Ed is a Managing Partner of the firm.
- Co-founder, General Counsel, and President of the Advantage Funding group, a start-up vehicle and equipment finance and leasing company that he grew to over $350,000,000 in assets. The company was sold to a preeminent Japanese trading company and subsequently to a major Australian investment bank.
- Co-founder, General Counsel and President of Access Commercial Capital, a start-up vehicle and equipment finance and leasing company, when it was sold to well-established Midwestern family office; managed and grew the portfolio to $100,000,000 in assets under management.
- Developed business strategies and prepared, developed and negotiated transaction documentation for over $1,000,000,000 in vehicle and equipment leases and loans.
- Coordinated licensing acquisition, maintenance and compliance with multiple state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provided legal and business advice for public and private securitizations and lease portfolio refinancings.
- Direct administrative and operational management of credit underwriting, modeling and analytics, risk management, collections and recovery, asset management, sales and marketing, general operations, human resources, recruiting, insurance, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Full responsibility for profit and loss statements and responsible for annual and long-term strategic planning, investor relations, portfolio sales and acquisitions and mergers and acquisitions.
- Developed a deep subprime lender finance program for the Lease Here Pay Here and Buy Here Pay Here industries.
- Established audit protocols for operational and legal compliance for LHPH and BHPH dealers.
- Represented Advantage Funding, as creditor, in numerous Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings including workouts and restructurings.
- Served as counsel for Advantage Funding to the creditors’ committee of one of the largest U.S. transportation company Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
- As general counsel, managed a variety of legal matters pertaining to real estate leasing, employment agreements and severance issues, non-disclosure agreements, litigation matters, regulatory and compliance, contract and joint venture agreements, among others.
President 2017, Board of Directors 2014 to Present
Editorial Board, 2010 to Present
New York State Senate
Richard J. Roth Journalism Fellowship, 1987
Advantage Funding Group of Companies, Lake Success, New York
Co-Founder, General Counsel and President: 1997 to 2014
Access Commercial Capital, Lake Success, New York
Co-Founder, General Counsel, and President: 2015 – 2020
Schickler Kaye LLP, New York, New York
Managing Partner: 2020 to Present
St. John’s University School of Law
University of Albany
M.A. in Political Communication, 1987
University of Albany